Tuesday, August 5, 2014

More updates

Good news: I finally got an electrician out to the condo to address the hvac unit. It is a relatively simple problem, partially involving fuses which the nice electrician left me.

Bad news: The fuses blew because of the motor in the hvac itself, which now needs to be replaced. I have to get an hvac guy to come out. I thought, "At least when I call the hvac guy I can relay info from the electrician as to exactly what is wrong." Nope. ::sigh::

HVAC place will not take electrician's recommendation. They must come do their own diagnostic and then schedule separate trip to come back & fix it. ::headdesk::

The HVAC guy came. It's either $1200 & a prayer to try to fix it or $2100 for a new unit. Oy vey.

Edit: Considering a ductless air conditioner.

After the HVAC setback, I moved on to installing the new curtain rod... Oh, wait, no. The drywall isn't as thick as in other places so the anchors & screws are too long. AND it looks like I probably have the wrong size curtains. I'm headed to the hardware store for new anchors & screws. Don't know what I'm going to do about the curtains.

Edit: Curtain rod successfully installed... mostly. Even though I have the wrong size curtains, I have the right size sheers. After I hung them up I realized one of the panels is backwards but I was too done to take them back down to fix it. Also, It really needs a third bracket in the middle, but there's nowhere to attach it.

I have successfully installed a closet shelf in the bedroom



No comments: